and so much more!
An atmosphere like no other!
Polished and refined
systems and processes
from day one
We’re here for you!
PickUp USA Franchise Opportunities
PickUp USA Fitness Clubs are full-service basketball-focused gyms offering group & private basketball training, pickup basketball games with referees, full weight & cardio rooms, lounges, retail, and more!
PickUp USA was founded in 2011 at our original location in Irwindale, California. After years of growth and developing our operating model, we began offering franchises in 2016. Select territories are available for those that qualify and complete our discovery process.
With a relentless focus on customer service, our gyms offer a true plug-and-play, simple operating model, and our services cater to a massive potential market of basketball and fitness enthusiasts.
An unmatched Gym Experience!
Our robust services provide massive value to our customers, and massive opportunities for our franchisees
- 55.3 million Americans belong to at least one fitness club nationwide (data from IHRSA).
- In 2015, total U.S. fitness club revenues increased 6.1% to $25.8 billion (data from IHRSA).
- Over 30 million people in the US played basketball within the last 12 months! (data from Statista)
- PickUp USA Fitness is the first and only basketball-focused fitness club concept operating in the United States.
- Our gyms offer traditional amenities like weight & cardio rooms for the 55 million people nationwide that are gym members. Combine this with basketball-focused services for the 30 million people nationwide that participate in the sport, and you have a tremendous opportunity to build a great business in your neighborhood!
- The demographics for our clubs’ customers are amazingly diverse with services for men, women and children as young as 5 years old; and skill levels from beginners to experts.
Streamlined Operating Model
- Plug- and-play operating model in-place to ensure there is no guess work involved with operating your gym.
- Less than 10 total employees needed to run a PickUp USA Fitness club.
- Passionate staff that love fitness and basketball are naturally attracted to working at PickUp USA clubs.
- Polished marketing, sales, and customer service processes maximize the growth and development of your club.
- Established relationships with reputable suppliers and vendors:
- Gatorade, SportCourt, Wilson, StarTrac, and many more!
- Minimal inventory management with simple processes for ease of operating.
- Bottom-line: A polished operating system allows you to have fun, interact with customers, and grow your business!
4 Revenue Streams
PickUp USA clubs generate revenue from 4 diverse channels
- Comprehensive guidance from the day you sign your franchise agreement through your grand opening.
- Step-by-step, full assistance with site-selection, market analysis, and lease negotiations.
- Complete support with club layout, design, architecture, construction, and build-out.
- Comprehensive multi-module training program for you and your entire staff. 8 days of training at your location. 3 days of training at a live PickUp USA location. Multiple phone/web based trainings.
- Pre-open marketing planning, support, and guidance, including pre-sale goals and campaign development.
- Multiple checklists for pre-opening tasks to help you have your club 100% ready for your grand opening.
- Coordination with all vendors and suppliers to ensure your pre-open process is smooth and efficient.
- Dedicated support staff, available 7 days/week. We’re by your side from day one!
- We’ll be on-site, at your location, for three full days during your opening to ensure your first days in business are seamless and successful.
- A senior member of our corporate support staff will provide on-site coaching and guidance for your entire team for the days just before and after your opening.
- We provide comprehensive soft opening and grand opening marketing training and support to ensure you hit your sales and service objectives for your club’s opening.
- Step-by-step coordination with our vendor team who will conduct events and giveaways during your grand opening – including Gatorade, SportCourt, and more!
- You’ve launched your business. Congratulations! Now we’ll get to work helping you grow and develop your club.
- We never leave your side. You will receive continuous support, coaching, and development from your dedicated support team. We’re available 7 days/week, 365 days/year!
- Unlimited access to the PickUp USA Intranet and Brand Standards Manual. It’s your textbook on operating a PickUp USA club.
- Ongoing coaching and development from our leadership team, as well as other franchisees, to ensure you are hitting your marketing, financial, and operational goals.
- We own and operate clubs ourselves, and if you’re going through it, we’ve been through it too, and are here to help you every step of the way. Your success is our success!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the franchise opportunity with PickUp USA?
Currently, select territories are available to develop new PickUp USA Fitness clubs. If you are awarded a franchise, you will develop, own and operate a PickUp USA in your desired area.
How much does it cost to open a PickUp USA?
As detailed in Item 7 of our Franchise Disclosure Document, the total initial investment necessary to begin operation of a PickUp USA Fitness Club ranges from $337,266 – $539,054. This includes $30,000 that must be paid as an initial franchise fee. This also includes additional funds (working capital), to operate your business during the initial period of operations.
What are the capital requirements?
To get started, franchise candidates, either individually or cumulatively amongst a group of investors, should have a minimum of $150,000 in liquid capital and $300,000 in net worth. This gives a new franchisee the base financials to attempt to obtain necessary bank financing to be properly capitalized to launch a PickUp USA.
What are your royalties?
As detailed in Item 6 of our Franchise Disclosure Document, our current royalty is 6% of gross revenue, plus a system marketing fund contribution up to 2% of gross revenues; currently the system marketing fund contribution is only 1% of gross revenues. More details on our fees and royalties can be found in Item 6 of our Franchise Disclosure Document.
Who are your customers?
Potential customers are men, women, and children seeking a gym for basketball training or to play basketball games, as well as individuals looking for traditional gym services and amenities, like cardio, weights, etc. Over 55 million people belong to fitness clubs nationwide, and over 30 million participate in basketball activities! PickUp USA is the only basketball-focused fitness club in existence, which provides a tremendous opportunity for our clubs to serve this market.
How do I make money?
PickUp USA Clubs have 4 streams of revenue: monthly membership dues, private training packages, retail merchandise & concession sales, and private court rental fees. This gives the opportunity to develop monthly recurring receivables collected through automatic EFT for memberships and continuous court rental groups, as well as revenue generated on non-recurring sales of private training packages, merchandise, and initiation fees.
Does PickUp USA provide financing?
While PickUp USA does not offer financing to franchisees, we will suggest a variety of financing sources to assist you, including connecting you with our third party lending partners, who will provide consultation on financing the development of your club.
How much money can I make?
The performance of a franchise location will be dependent on many factors, including: club location, skills and effort of the franchisee, market conditions, etc. During the discovery process, we will send you selected historical performance metrics, to support you in developing projections for your club’s performance.
Do I need a fitness/basketball background?
While not required, a passion for fitness and basketball is a huge plus! Owning a fitness club is a tremendous opportunity to build a business doing something you love.
What are the steps to becoming a franchise owner?
We’re excited to potentially work with you! To get started, please fill out the form below, and we will send you additional details on our franchise program, as well as follow-up with you to answer any preliminary questions you have. You may also contact us 24 hours a day at: 800-584-9507
Interested in opening a PickUp USA in your area?
Fill out the form below, and we will email you additional details on qualifications for being awarded a PickUp USA Franchise. You may also contact us directly at 800-584-9507
This is not an offer to sell a franchise, nor is it a solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. An offer is only made after delivery of a Franchise Disclosure Document to you. If you are a resident of a U.S. state or a country that regulates the offer and sale of franchises, or you are receiving this message in one of those states or countries, or you intend to operate a franchise in such a state or country, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable law.